Creating your first website on WordPress? That’s a great step by the way, but did you ask yourself how are you going to bring traffic to your website?
If you get puzzled then let me help you with that. Search Engines are a noteworthy wellspring of traffic source for every website. But not like that you put a website live and you start getting traffic. You need to optimize your site for SEO. And today we will be discussing the WordPress SEO plugins and tools you should be checking out as soon as you live your site for technical seo purpose.
We will be talking about the both free and premium WordPress seo plugins that are top-rated and tested. In addition, we will also be mentioning some other seo plugins which are available and you can use them as well to maximize your seo opportunities. In conclusion, the verdict of which plugin should you use for your site.
Best WordPress seo plugins
Being an opensource CMS, WordPress makes your website creation effort pretty much easier. Using a large number of free WordPress plugins accessible for nothing from WordPress directory you can optimize your site for SEO. Let’s check out the plugins-
Related Read- 20 Killer SEO Tips For New Bloggers.
If I talk about the most downloaded best WordPress seo plugin then Yoast SEO is the one everyone should be recommending and why not! It has 5+ Million active installations and the best rating among all.
Let’s have a quick look at its features-
- Deeper Content & SEO analysis for post and pages.
- Title and meta description templating for best snippet view.
- XML sitemap submission on tap of a button.
- Full control over site breadcrumbs and editing.
- Setting up canonical URLs to avoid duplicacy.
While it has some extra features like related keyword analysis and insights tool in the premium version, the free version is just enough to go with.
All In One SEO Pack
The second most WordPress seo plugin is All In One Seo Pack. The best seo plugin for woo-commerce sites (reviewed by experts), as it offers free integration for an e-commerce site. It is the oldest seo plugin, serving from 2007. It has a 4-star rating with fine optimization opportunities with 50,00,000 download over time.
What AIOSEO offers-
- XML Sitemap support.
- Image XML Sitemap submission to search engines.
- Google AMP support.
- Google Analytics support for insights.
- Schema.org Markup for the schema.
- Custom Post SEO Optimization.
- Advanced Canonical URLs.
- ONLY free plugin to offer SEO Integration for e-Commerce sites, including WooCommerce.
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack.
- Generates META tags automatically.
- Duplicate content notifier.
Related Read- Checkout These Must-Have WordPress Plugins For Your WordPress Site.
Rank Math is another seo plugin which automates your optimization process. Basically, it lets you autopilot your seo optimization. Rank Math practically configures itself. Rank Math features a step-by-step installation and configuration wizard that sets up SEO for WordPress perfectly.
What you get-
- Easy to follow the setup wizard.
- Schema markup and rich snippet integration.
- Target up to 5 keywords for ranking with LSI keyword tool.
- Search Console Integration.
- Local Business SEO optimization.
- Content analyze opportunities.
- Auto Internal Linking suggestion.
The SEO Framework
Seo Framework is also a popular plugin for WordPress seo optimization. The complete AI-driven WordPress SEO plugin makes it easier to configure and go. Most noteworthy, it generates important meta tags and shows you where you can improve your SEO optimization.
Additional Extension Features-
- Local SEO setup lets you set up important local business information.
- Focus helps you in your writing process.
- Articles enhance your posts by automatically adding important Structured Data.
- Honeypot for spammy comment remover.
- AMP extension to work with AMP plugins.
- Monitor keeps track of your website’s SEO optimizations and statistics.
- Page redirection with Origin.
- Title optimization.
Related Read- Get Started With On-Page SEO Optimization.
Jetpack By WordPress
Seem like, you have been using jetpack for quite a time long. Did you know you can configure basic seo optimization with Jetpack plugin? Many of you don’t know this plugin can do a lot of things for you. Like providing CDN, optimizing the overall site, images along with seo. To help improve your website or page positioning in the SERP, you can tweak how your substance titles show up for your site with the jetpack. Also, you can organize things, for example, ‘Site Name’ and meta, and furthermore include custom snippet.
SEOPress is a ground-breaking module to enhance your SEO. which not only boost your traffic but also improve social sharing, form custom HTML and XML Sitemaps, make streamlined breadcrumbs, include structured information types, oversee redirections and more.
- Quick installation wizard and make basic SEO setup for your site.
- Titles Meta description with dynamic variables.
- Open Graph Data support.
- Google Knowledge Graph support.
- Google Analytics tracking.
- Canonical URL redirection.
- Meta robots indexing.
- Custom XML Sitemap to improve search indexing.
- Custom HTML Sitemap to enhanced page navigation.
- Image XML Sitemaps to image seo.
- Social Media linking.
- Deep Content analysis.
Smart Crawl SEO Analyser
A further high rated Seo optimization plugin from WordPress directory is Smart Crawl. It gives your site better SEO improvement. In addition, it improves keyword enhancement, XML sitemaps, optimizes your meta labels and titles.
Furthermore, SmartCrawl will check your site and discover approaches to improve your content quality and make it increasingly discoverable on web searches.
- One-Click Setup Wizard and automate settings.
- Check for SEO Opportunities & give recommendations.
- Titles & Meta Descriptions customization.
- SmartCrawl includes Open Graph, Twitter card, and Pinterest verification and credits you when someone shares your posts.
- XML Sitemap Generator to generate the sitemap and submit.
- SmartCrawl has an SEO page analyzer that scans pages and posts for readability and keyword density and makes suggestions for optimizing your content.
- SmartCrawl will let Google know it’s time to recrawl your site.
- 301 Redirection.
- Integration with Moz SEO Tools.
The next WordPress seo plugin is Squirrly SEO with 20k+ installation and over 4 stars rated. This is the only seo plugin equipped for adjusting to the points of interest of each page and the setting it has inside a site.
- Focus on individual page seo.
- Bulk SEO strategy settings.
- Content Optimization.
- SERP Checker
- Automation for white-hat SEO.
Premium SEO Pack
Like every seo plugin, it does the same optimization job for your site. Presently, Premium SEO Pack gives you the control you’ve needed from the start. Hence, you would now be able to expand the WordPress SEO esteem for every single page of your site.
Let’s look at the offerings-
- Create an SEO strategy for each post & pages.
- Edit Title, Description, Keywords, Canonical Meta for the snippet.
- Twitter Card Image, Title, Description.
- Noindex and Nofollow options for each post type.
- Direct editing of each page directly from post preview top bar or from the admin top bar.
- Work seamlessly with Woocommerce and other e-commerce plugins.
- Support for WordPress Multisite.
All In One Schema Markup
The All In One Schema Rich Snippets is a markup module for them who want to actualize vital markups on their site. Create rich snippet and schema mark up for your entire WordPress website with all in one schema.
- It gives search engines a precise and informative view to display in SERP.
- Rich Snippets are very interactive with author box, starts, etc.
- Improves CTR (Click Through Rate).
Related Read- 15 Ways To Improve Your Click-Through-Rate.
Finally, It is the verdict time. So which WordPress seo plugin is best? well, the answer is incontestable. Most of all, each WordPress seo plugins maintain basic optimization strategy. And along with that, some plugins are offering some extra features to stand out in the competition.
After trying all the plugins one by one for my site, I’ve found that they are quite good at their job unless and until you think you will be at the top of SERP if you install any one of them. Therefore, clearing basic seo optimization implementation is needed and then go for advanced optimization and off-page SEO Optimization.
Hey ! I’ve been following your articles for a long time. You are doing great. Can you suggest me a proper SEO structure that should be followed while auditing SEO? What are the best tools out there?
Thanks Mayank for your feedback. soon I will make a post on SEO Tools. Be with Digital Marketing Tutorial
That’s a nice help from you. I’ve been searching for which seo plugin should I use for my site. Now I can choose one. Thank for this piece of information. Keep going 🙂
I am glad it helped you. Do subscribe to our Newsletter to get more insights. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Thanks for sharing with us really a very help full post for us.
Thanks for your feedback Vinay